Trueflow Ripping Issues

P

pmkprog

Things have been fine for a long time and we have many repeat jobs that had been working okay. Now all of a sudden we are having overprint issues and trap issues. We are using vers 4.01 of the software.
What would have changed that things don't work the same? Anyone else having these issues?

Hi

I would have a look first at your OverPrint settings in your INPUT and see if these have been changed from the defaults, we have ours set to Import DTP overprint information and this usually works fine for us.

Are you saying that jobs that have already been ripped and trapped and output once are now coming out wrong or are you re-inputting new/changed files into TF? If existing repeat jobs that are not being re-input are coming out wrong then I would suggest you contact Screen directly.

If the change has only started recently, has anything else changed, eg upgrades, patches been installed.

kanblue

Last edited:
Old jobs that Trueflow created are fine. New import files that have worked in the past are changing.
Also there have been no upgrades that I am aware of unless they auto install.
I will look into the settings.

Hi

Trueflow patches don't auto install, and we have been told by Screen not to apply any windows updates etc.

Does sound to me as if one of the import settings have been changed inadvertently.

Don't know if you use hot folders or jobs, but if you use jobs you could always check by restoring an old job temporarily and then importing one of your problem files in to it, that would at least establish that it was import that had changed.

If you only use hotfolders you can't check it this way.

kantblue

It was a problem with the input. No dtp settings were being recognized.
It was only our spot color folder, it seems.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back