Trump pumps Kodak

Kodak is moving into pharmaceutical manufacturing, but "remain 100% committed to print and will continue to invest in ground-breaking innovations, especially in digital print. Print will be an important revenue source as the new pharmaceutical business gets up to speed.” ~Kodak executive chairman Jim Continenza

Lol, sounds to me 'print is going away so we need a new source of revenue.'

Here's a link to watch Trump make the announcement:

Apparently Hydroquinone - which is used in photo developer chemicals (Kodak is/was a supplier) can easily be converted into Hydroxychloroquine (generic Plaquenil) - Trump's drug of choice against Covid 19 despite the CDC's (Fauci's) and other medical bodies' objections.

Interestingly that's on top of Trump's May announcement of a four-year, $354 million contract with a fledgling company, Phlow Corporation, to build a generic medicine and API plant in Richmond, Virginia. That deal, awarded by the Department of Health and Human Services' Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, could be expanded up to 10 years to a total of $812 million.
(source: Trump to Tap New Company to Make Covid-19 Drugs in the U.S.)

I wonder what the traditional drug manufacturers think of all this?
I wonder what the SEC thinks of all this. Insider trading bonanza? Apparently Kodak Chairman Jim Continenza bought 46,737 shares of Kodak stock on June 23 at an average price of $2.22. Roughly a month later, that $103,575 investment is now worth more than $1.5 million

Last edited:
I wonder what the traditional drug manufacturers think of all this?
I wonder what the SEC thinks of all this. Insider trading bonanza? Apparently Kodak Chairman Jim Continenza bought 46,737 shares of Kodak stock on June 23 at an average price of $2.22. Roughly a month later, that $103,575 investment is now worth more than $1.5 million
Hah. That's not even the half of it. The average trading volume for the DAY before the announcement was up 20x average daily trading volumes. I hope they get slapped shitless. This stinks of insider trading.

Hah. That's not even the half of it. The average trading volume for the DAY before the announcement was up 20x average daily trading volumes. I hope they get slapped. This stinks of insider trading.
Not sure if accurate but I saw this online.
IMG_2138.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Would you say the tall bar is roughly 20x taller than the previous shorter bar? If so, the graph is accurate - according to the CNBC article you posted anyway: "On Monday, prior to the announcement, 1,645,719 shares traded hands in the stock, far surpassing Friday’s 74,893 trades, and Thursday’s 80,840 trades . . .over the last year the average daily trading volume has been 236,479, according to FactSet."

Volume of shares traded does not correlate to the value of the stock increasing or decreasing. Compare the Yahoo graph to his. They aren't even the same data points...

Would you say the tall bar is roughly 20x taller than the previous shorter bar? If so, the graph is accurate - according to the CNBC article you posted anyway: "On Monday, prior to the announcement, 1,645,719 shares traded hands in the stock, far surpassing Friday’s 74,893 trades, and Thursday’s 80,840 trades . . .over the last year the average daily trading volume has been 236,479, according to FactSet."
I just read an article that high volume of shares being transferred was a deal struck between Kodak and Jim Continenza, where he was awarded 1.75 million shares as a bonus. Numbers still don't add up perfectly, but that surely accounts for the bump in traffic.

I just read an article that high volume of shares being transferred was a deal struck between Kodak and Jim Continenza, where he was awarded 1.75 million shares as a bonus. Numbers still don't add up perfectly, but that surely accounts for the bump in traffic.
It looks like we'll find out. SEC is going to investigate. I think the 1.75 million shares were just options. I don't think that would show up in trade volume.

Kodak is moving into pharmaceutical manufacturing, but "remain 100% committed to print and will continue to invest in ground-breaking innovations, especially in digital print. Print will be an important revenue source as the new pharmaceutical business gets up to speed.” ~Kodak executive chairman Jim Continenza

Lol, sounds to me 'print is going away so we need a new source of revenue.'
More like "we have successfully lost any market share we had left in the print industry through poor product management and archaic technology that was never advanced, so now we need to do something..."

Well...
"Although the review found no signs of Kodak breaking the law, it did find the company mishandled stock options granted to its CEO in the days leading up to the loan deal being signed."
"Kodak CEO Jim Continenza and other Kodak executives fell under scrutiny for receiving stock options the day before the loan's announcement on July 27."
"The review by Akin Gump concluded insider-trading laws were not violated,"
"However, the report did find Kodak at fault for the early disclosure of the government loan a day before it was officially announced, but not in violation of the laws."

It may not technically be "insider trading" however IMHO it still stinks of taking advantage of insider knowledge.

Well...
"Although the review found no signs of Kodak breaking the law, it did find the company mishandled stock options granted to its CEO in the days leading up to the loan deal being signed."
"Kodak CEO Jim Continenza and other Kodak executives fell under scrutiny for receiving stock options the day before the loan's announcement on July 27."
"The review by Akin Gump concluded insider-trading laws were not violated,"
"However, the report did find Kodak at fault for the early disclosure of the government loan a day before it was officially announced, but not in violation of the laws."

It may not technically be "insider trading" however IMHO it still stinks of taking advantage of insider knowledge.
Agreed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back