U.S. digital newspaper ad revenue to surpass print by 2026

Hate to see that happen. I love my quiet time with the morning newspaper and a cup of coffee.

While going through old Nintendo games my kids asked what Paperboy was, took far to long to explain.

While going through old Nintendo games my kids asked what Paperboy was, took far to long to explain.
Son: "So you mean to tell me...some kid rides around on his bike throwing news on peoples driveways - when they could just look it up on their phone?"
@Shawnd: "But we didn't have the internet back then."
Son: "What?! But...but...how did you know what everyone was eating for dinner? How did you know about people's recent vacations?!"
Shawnd: :cautious:

I guess somebody pays attention to digital advertising. My brain just tunes it out and I couldn't tell you a single add I have seen digitally. On the other hand I tend to remember direct mail adds, at least for a while. You have to handle them, read them and decide if they are important.

. On the other hand I tend to remember direct mail adds, at least for a while. You have to handle them, read them and decide if they are important.

I handle them just enough to confirm they are unimportant and then to dump them in the paper recycling bin.

With the industry the way that it is these days, I feel like if it’s anything at all with ink on paper - it’s important, alright.

I handle them just enough to confirm they are unimportant and then to dump them in the paper recycling bin.
But you had to confirm that they weren't important. You don't even need to do that with electronic ads. You can ignore them alltogether.

But you had to confirm that they weren't important. You don't even need to do that with electronic ads. You can ignore them alltogether.

I should have been more clear. I just see that it's direct mail and into the recycler it goes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back