Unable to make small cuts on Polar 76EM

mpsolutions

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Polar 76 EM, and I can't get it to make small cuts (less than 7 cm). When I remove the false clamp, the computer does not allow the back guage to move below the minimum settings (7 cm), as if the clamp was always there. Any idea how to do this?

If I remember right you must place the false clamp under the cutter bed in front, to trip a switch that tells the cutter you have removed the false clamp.

Thats not a new feature, the old 72 we have does the same thing, maybe its with the smaller ones??? That cutter goes back to 1978.

HPC is correct.Under the cutter bed against the base of the cutter is a ledge with a switch.After removing your false clamp plate you are supposed to rest the plate on that ledge which holds that switch down.You will then be able to make your cuts.

Thank you Ann, yhank you HPC. you're right. the switch under the bed was the one blocking the false clamp. It's working fine now after I followed your advise.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back