Uncoated UV and maximum gamut

jstotz

I'm going to be characterizing a UV press on uncoated paper. I'll be using the GRACoL aim points in SpotOn as a target while on press, but I know I won't get there. However, I do want to get the maximum gamut possible, which might mean running the inks somewhat heavier than normal. Does anyone have any advice about the relationship between more saturated a and b values and darker L values? In other words, as I run my inks up, the solids will get more saturated, but they'll also get darker. Should I go for maximum saturation and not worry about the L dropping, or is there a point at which I should stop? Will this be determined by the L value, or by too much ink to be runnable? Should I keep the L value as close to GRACoL as I can or is that irrelevant since the a and b won't match either.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back