Understanding the Canon ImagePress Line and Rough Price Points

Seems like Canon absolutely owns KM in those areas

Hmmm. I had the exact opposite impression after an exhaustive test run one year ago. The Canon wasn't able to produce a sellable printout, while KMs were churning out brilliant output right from the start. That was true starting from KM C1060L up to C1100.

For the Canon, the sales rep. was able to demonstrate a C6011 and a then-brand-new C800. Both of them suck, with striking color shifts, greenish casts.

For the Canon, the sales rep. was able to demonstrate a C6011 and a then-brand-new C800. Both of them suck, with striking color shifts, greenish casts.

I never judge a digital device on color until we profile it. Seeing it in a raw state doesn't show anything.

1) Any machine will look bad if it has not been calibrated correctly
2) My comments were about paper handling and paper paths.

I would love the opportunity to work with you on this. Constructive feedback is really good for us at Canon. If you have any details you can share with me, I would be happy to see if we could assist you in the green cast you were seeing. This is not typical, so we may be able to help.

I take exception to that, but then, I work for KM. However, even a casual reading of these forums shows that current-model KM machines do in fact enjoy a good reputation for color quality.

Fair enough. As I mentioned, I actually know nothing about the KM line so I'll take your word for it until I see otherwise.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back