Unreadable Touchscreen Wohlenberg Paper Cutter

87cyan

I've got a Wohlenberg Type 76 paper cutter that works fine, except for the touch screen. It's almost completely washed out. We have been getting by with experienced operators who just remember where to press for the basic functions. I need to get a new screen, the parts suppliers won't sell me the monitor alone, I have to buy the whole control unit. Would it be possible to install an aftermarket touch screen? If I do buy the whole unit, there are no certified techs in my area to ensure a proper installation. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Just in case anyone was wondering..It looks like I just have to bite the bullet and buy an new control unit. However, a new control unit costs as much as a used cutter. A supplier told me that these control units are very unreliable, so new "unreliable" control unit or used cutter...

Maybe you could find a junk cutter, with a good screen?

I would remember this when shopping for a new cutter. Are their parts proprietary? I had a wheel bearing go out on my pickup, and the dealer said they only offered the "assembly", which was hundreds of dollars. I went to a bearing shop, who swapped out the bearing for under $100.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back