Upfront 56pp Press Layouts

bietsecurb

Hi, Just wanted to know if there was a workround or maybe I am missing something when producing 56pp Section Plans (see attached pdf) using Kodak Upfront (V4.0.2. Build 247). These press layouts do not have equal amounts of 'paired' pages across the web, they also have a column of 'single' pages which are cut and bound in as single pages. My problem is that Upfront will only let me apply 'binding lips' and 'edge trims' in pairs which is fine when there is a even amount of pages across the web printing in pairs, but when producing a Section Plan with an odd number of pages across the web Upfront expects the single odd page to be a 'paired'. It will not allow a single page with a Front Lip and Front Face Trim edge on just the foredge before going on to the next double page spread. These Press Layouts are for Heidelberg and Lithoman Long Grain press's printing magazines. Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back