Upgrading Rampage Box

rcobar

I'm having an issue with my new Rampage Box. I had an old dual Xeon 3.0 with Windows 2000 Pro, now I'm running the same Rampage version (9.3.62) using Windows 2000 Pro on an Intel based motherboard (DG43NB) with a single SATA Hard Drive, 4Gb Ram, 2-Quad 2.8Mhz CPU.

I was starting with a CPATH issue but I solved after I copy some parts of the Windows Registry, finally Rampage run, and runs so fast... but, I'm not allowed to send anything to the platesetter, even when the Rampage M Series PCI9054 card is installed (not with the original disk, I copy the driver pci9054.sys from the old box to the new one because I don't have the installation floppy). The board test say I don't have a Rampage Board installed, but I have no erros on the device manager. I'm not sure if the Board requires any other file contained on the installation disk or if my PCI card do not work with my new motherboard. Anyone with an idea? or probably someone have the installation disk, then please zip the files for me and send me an email to [email protected] I'll appreciate any help.

Rampage 9.3.62

Rampage 9.3.62

Thanks for all the answers.. I have ZERO!
Anyway, to be helpful with all the forum members, I was success upgrading the PC from an old dual Xeon 1.3 to a Quad Core 2.3.

Problems you will have:

1.- You'll have to keep the OS to avoid conflicts with Rampage in old version. Specially the Rampage M board. Windows will see the board but Rampage will not. Here is the main trick to make it work.

2.- Main issue: there is so hard to find drivers for Windows 2000 in new systems. Few components will not work, but who need a Rampage Box with Digital Sound?

3.- Parallel port not available, you will have to install one, but remember, you will have to deal with PCI Xpress/PCI in the same bus. Rampage M board will create a conflict with your LPT Port.

4.- Install Base 9.2 then install your final upgrade. Before to run it, you will have to manually configure your Rampage M board.

Rampage works in a non-Rampage boxes, I can proof it!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back