Upgrading to CS5 and need font management advice

kevinphila

Good Morning

I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. I am upgrading my 2 pc workstations to CS5, but I do not have any sort of font management system in place. I have fonts on my office pc that the one on the production floor doesnt have. I was looking for some direction and advice.

Thanks

~Kevin

Count me in...

Count me in...

I print for a number of people in our organization and have issues with available fonts in both CS4 and Windows products. I have wondered if there was a server based font manager that they could use.
Garth

Font Navigator 6

Download a demo of CorelDraw graphics Suite X5. When installing, uncheck everything except for Font Navigator so it will never expire.

Extensis Suitcase

Extensis Suitcase

Both Mac and PC I've always used Extensis Suitcase, and currently Suitcase Fusion 2. There's a newer version out that's CS5 compatible, but they actually want extra money for that... something they've updated for free in previous versions. Fusion 2 (Mac) still works with CS5 but the font auto-loading doesn't work. You just have to remember to open your fonts before you open your document (just like the old days)!

Font managment

Font managment

I had nothing but trouble with Suitcase. Slow performance, application crashes etc. All my problems went away when I switched to Font Explorer.
Lenny R.

I switched from Suitcase to Font Agent Pro.... feels a lot more modern and it was built for OS X. It automatically turned fonts on way before Suitcase did when Apple switched to OS X.

I used Suitcase again when I worked at National Geographic and it sucked to use it. Font Agent Pro is a lot more reliable in my experience... As long as it continues to work like it does today... I will never look back.

Hi!! how does font agent pro work with large font libraries? I currently use suitcase fusion 3 but the problem with autoactivation on cs5 is annoying... and I'm thinking on giving a try on other font management software...

If you buy the Server version of FontExplorer X you can get a Windows version of their Font management software.

You can just put in and take out
folders full of fonts
from the Adobe > Application Support > Font folder.

MSD

I use the entire Adobe Type Library and other libraries ....works great.

I use the entire Adobe Type Library and other libraries ....works great.

I have several libraries (Adobe Type Library 2006, and a few older libraries) in Font Agent Pro and it works great. I haven't had any problems since I started using it back in '05 or '06.

For your info...
I'm using an Intel iMac, CS3 and OS X Leopard, Font Agent Pro version 4.0.3. It's not the newest stuff but it works great.

We also use Font Agent Pro. I switched over to it several years ago and have been very happy with the product and the support.

We use the workgroup version.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back