Upgrading

rande

Hi,
I probly put this in the wrong place to get an answer, I'll try it here.
Haven't been here in a while.

We were just thinking about upgrading, wonder if you could help us.
We have two Macs one with acro6/pitstop 7 and one with acro7/pitstop7.
We both have acrobat 8. I upgrade is 200 each.
I'm worried about conflicts, I use pitstop all time. Is the ungrade
a total comittment to acro 8 so if there is a problem can we go back to 7?

Also I haven't used acro 8 much at all, but the other day I opened a clients
PDF and had font issues:
"cannot extract the embedde font HAMXTS + Cochin. Some characters may not dispalt or print correctly."
Font was loaded in the sys. and I used the emedded fonts action which works alot of the time.
But when I open it in Acro 8 it looks fine and it prints fine.

thanks for any help you can provide.
Rande

We were just thinking about upgrading, wonder if you could help us.
We have two Macs one with acro6/pitstop 7 and one with acro7/pitstop7.
We both have acrobat 8. I upgrade is 200 each.
I'm worried about conflicts, I use pitstop all time. Is the ungrade
a total comittment to acro 8 so if there is a problem can we go back to 7?

Rande,

PitStop Professional 08 works fine in both Adobe Acrobat 7 and 8. Acrobat 6 definitely does not work on the Mac and probably does not work on Windows (we don't support it and haven't tried it to any extent). So you could always go back to Acrobat 7 if need be.

On the font issue, I'd re-ask that question on the Adobe forum as well. I can tell you that PitStop Professional 08 contains a number of more advanced font checks that will often find problems in fonts even if earlier versions didn't (typically missing characters or characters that would print using not-def characters). So it might be worthwhile to run those files through the new PitStop Professional 08 preflight before you commit to printing them as well.

Hope this helps,
David.

Now that acro 9 is coming out; any opinion on; if its a good idea to wait and up grade to 9?

Now that acro 9 is coming out; any opinion on; if its a good idea to wait and up grade to 9?

Hi Rande,

If you talk about PitStop Professional 08, that is currently not completely compatible with Acrobat Professional 9. There will be a (free) update to PitStop Professional that will introduce compatibility with Acrobat 9 in September.

Hope this helps,
David.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back