URGENT!!! Prinergy Workflow Training Video or DVD?

EmreC

Does anybody knows if there is Prinergy Evo Workflow (PDF) video resource (tutorials) or training DVD available on the market/ internet? I'm a newbie in the PrePress industry. With the fear of rejection, I exaggerated my skills on Prinergy during the job interview; now i got the job and I have to do my homework, if there is any chance. Please, urgent help with this.

Many Thanks...
Merry Christmas...

Last edited:
The web site is fascinating: "Kodak eCentral provides Online Support for Prinergy, Preps and other Kodak PrePress Products..." but they are asking customer no, company info and purchase details for registration which i don't have any at his stage; is there any other way to log me in there? Thank You once again...

The company you got a job with may already have an account, if so you could ask them to add your name. There have been a lot of ongoing problems with ecentral not working. According to the Kodak ecentral forum, Kodak says they are working on that.....good luck.

Er eh I have to be honest with you...
If you are a "newbie" in the pre press industry you don't have a #*!~*% chance of figuring out Prinergy through a tutorial. Better to be honest with the guy.
Did you exaggerate your pre press skills as well?

Yeah, at this point I think you had better fess up to the Employer and hope they let you catch jobs on a folder. I know there are tons of qualified people out of work right now, so essentially taking a job that could have been filled properly was a bad move. Sorry man, live & learn.

Maybe they'll put you in sales instead of firing your a$$, since you BS'd your way this far. Good luck.

We hired a newbie prepress operator that had 1 year experience from a publisher, and 2 years graphic arts technical training and he picked it up very quickly. Our lead prepress operator went over the basics in prinergy in 30 minutes. Preps took a little longer. Naturally he asks for help now and then but basically he has done very well.

The difficulties with prinergy for us was getting failing hardware parts replaced for the dell server - even for known issues - from Kodak. If you can master that, then your a prinergy expert.....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back