using brisque with non kodak ctp

cosmo

Hi,

A company I know, has just brought a whole new kodak CTP & Workflow, they still have there older brisque workflow and I was wondering if it would work with any other brand CTP, can it just output tiffs and I can run them through our CTP tiff catcher? They tell me it will work, but i dont want to spend money, get it back here and find it doesnt work.

Thanks.

Re: using brisque with non kodak ctp

I believe its an option $$$ on the Brisque to output tiffs. Not sure about Prinergy if that's the workflow you're asking about. But knowing Kodak I'll bet it's a $5-10,000 option.

Re: using brisque with non kodak ctp

Ditto what Mark said.. But if the Brisque is licensed to output 1 Bit tiffs... a Tiff, is a Tiff, is a Tiff (so long as it's 1 bit, and the right stripe size for your ctp front-end, assuming that supports tiff-download, and....). Figuring orientation, polarity, placement, and inlay can simply be trial-and-error based on your output device (granted, it can get pricey, but you get the idea).

- Mac

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back