Using PitStop

HPIvermont

I work for a small commercial printer and for years most work is manually done, checked, preflighted, by me in pre-press. A few months ago we purchased PitStop. I have known about it for many years just never had it. I have used it for a lot of editing pdfs which is great, but what I really am trying to figure out is how do others use it.

There so many options I don't even know where to start. What I really am looking to do is to run client pdf's through a simple preflight option to flag for potential issues, but I just am at a loss on where and how to do this.

Any advise?

Thanks.

auto preflighting is nice, but just a warning that it doesn't catch subjective stuff, like your client mixed a PMS spot and a cymk build for their brand colors and they expect you to catch it. Or your client took a 72dpi image and increased resolution to 300dpi think that does anything.

boss... zoom in and enhance
me... that's not a thing

We worked with a developer to put a Switch workflow in place. What I learned during the implementation is that you can have your preflight check for an almost limitless list of things. We eventually came up with a list of what was important to us and our process, and built a preflight from there.

I work for a small commercial printer and for years most work is manually done, checked, preflighted, by me in pre-press. A few months ago we purchased PitStop. I have known about it for many years just never had it. I have used it for a lot of editing pdfs which is great, but what I really am trying to figure out is how do others use it.

There so many options I don't even know where to start. What I really am looking to do is to run client pdf's through a simple preflight option to flag for potential issues, but I just am at a loss on where and how to do this.

Any advise?

Thanks.
This is a good place to start. PitStop workshops | Enfocus
When I was there I started monthly workshops to go through all the features and we talked extensively about Preflight. They are an hour long, and there's about 90 of them now I think.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back