UV Opaque white picking?

Freeman A.Gain

Hey all,

I'm having a bit of an issue with printing on silver foil repo stock. Two form with opaque white and then 4 colour. First one had basically spot opaque, then 4 colour. Ran fantastic! Second one was almost a flood opaque, with some knockout for silver to come through. When I went to print 4 colour on top, white lifted/pulled off! Shizer! Need to try and salvage what I can, stock will be 1-2 weeks away if needed. Any ideas? Coat with AQ? I'm at a loss??

Thanks for any input

Hey all,

I'm having a bit of an issue with printing on silver foil repo stock. Two form with opaque white and then 4 colour. First one had basically spot opaque, then 4 colour. Ran fantastic! Second one was almost a flood opaque, with some knockout for silver to come through. When I went to print 4 colour on top, white lifted/pulled off! Shizer! Need to try and salvage what I can, stock will be 1-2 weeks away if needed. Any ideas? Coat with AQ? I'm at a loss??

Thanks for any input

Sounds like you're running flexo, so answer will probably be no, but can you reduce the tack of your inks in sequence? I had this happen, but was overprinting with a PMS. Was simple to reduce the tack of a single color (offset printing).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back