Variable Data Black Barcode Label software - high volume

mattf

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a software package that can handle label printing from Avery Dennison 64 04 printers. There would be a total of 10 styles of labels with variable data going on the labels sometimes in orders of 500 to 10,000. I've been trying to find a software that could handle this but I'm a bit over my head. Anyone got any suggestions?

Any options concerning automated lineup of jobs is the key in order to reduce downtime. Probably would want the software to accept .CSV files.

Any help would rock!

Edit: Total volume per day is like 700,000 labels.

Last edited:
Label design software depends on your intended use.

Label design software depends on your intended use.

Hi Matt, if you're still looking for a solution, there are free trials of label software which you can test before committing. There are several leading brands of barcode label software, which provide various tools for designing and printing labels with barcodes and variable data. Each has advantages and drawbacks, so the choice will depend on all the specifics of your application(s). For example, some work better with variable data drawn from .csv or other database files, others work best for graphics, etc.

Before recommending one software package, I'd need to ask more specifics about how you are planning to design and utilitze each of the types of labels, where and how they will be applied, dimensions (width x length) and quantities of each. May be best to outsource.

[Disclosure: BRS is a reseller of barcode and label supplies and equipment, including software.]
Hope this helps,
BarcodeMan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back