VDP Software Question

Muddy

Probably been asked a billion times but I'll ask it again.

We are entering the production digital toner based world with what is likely to be a KM 5500 or 6501. To get our feet wet we want to look at a very inexpensive software to allow us to do things like addressing postcards, sequential numbering of images etc. Not really looking for anything complicated just want to get started with some really simple variable type of stuff. Hey I know I'm not buying an Igen, Indigo or Nexpress

Someone mentioned in another thread that InDesign has a great solution built in. This is likely where we'll get started and as our business in this area grows we'll graduate to something more versatile and/or powerful.

Could someone point me to a link where our prepress people can start to get info and learn about doing this using InDesign? There must be a tutorial somewhere.

Thanks in advance for all the terrific help you all always provide.

I agree FusionPro is da bomb! Sometimes it will do strange things, but that is likely do to my work station. Easy to learn with online tutorials. Great customer if you get in jam.

If you have Word and Adobe Acorbat you can start VDP using these programs. I can recommend the KM C6501 with the Creo rip and optional draws with dehumidification for improved registration. The Creo also comes with PDF optiminzation, gallop and imposition control all extras on the Fiery.

Good Luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back