Versioning tool?

Magnet

Hello,

In Odystar is it now possible to use a versioning tool.
I don't understand what a versioning tool is. It's explained very complicated.
Can somebody give a good explanation?

Greets

The Esko Web Site says about the Odystar's "Elabaorate Versioning capabilities":

"Imagine the cost of paper waste, ink waste and press down time when a plate change required for a different language or version does not exactly match the other plates already on press. Odystar can avoid these errors and extra costs by offering extensive versioning.

Automated versioning drastically increases production throughput and reduces manual intervention and potential errors. Examples include language changes (e.g. plate change for a different language) and localized versions of documents (e.g. different prices for a different region in a country)."

My experience is of Software Versioning - It basically just means keeping track of multiple things (e.g. files, information, settings, etc.) that may change so that a valid set can be used when required to avoid errors.

If you want more explanation then let me know what it is you do not understand and I will try to explain.

Regards
Henry Kafeman

I hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back