We are going to buy a Pallet feed folder - Stahl vs MBO - thoughts please

markprint

We are a half size shop. - two 6-c Heidelberg 74's and an 8-color SM perfector. We are a half sized shop.
We have two Stahl B30 continuous feed folders. 25% of our work is Signature work. We run our 8 page sigs @ 11,500 sh/ hr. We are considering a Pallet feed folder - Stahl vs MBO -

Thoughts please.

Thank you Mark

I haven't had a pallet feeder but have had Stahl pile feeders and MBO continuous feeders . . . overall I lean towards the MBO's . . . but . . . it could go either way they are both good machines - what about service and support in your area? That may make the difference

I got extremely intimate with a Heidelberg in the mid 2006 range. 40" shop. It sure looks simple enough doesn't it lol..... If you are half size on the press side why do you think there is a benefit to the Pallet Folder?

At the end of the day if I sold equipment and was asked about my opinion it would be a knee jerk reaction of no.... However, each case is specific as to if it is a fit. When conditions are right, they can be a bad Mofo. Otherwise you can end up scratching your head wondering why you bought it. You can PM me and I will give you my contact info and will take a few minutes to answer any questions.

JW

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back