Web-Based File Editing???

Hopkins Printing

Does anyone know of a software or system that can host page content via a website and allow users to go to said website, login, and make changes (and by changes I don't mean annotations) to said page content as though they were using a word processor or page layout software on said website? The ideal software would be able to make a print-ready PDF once the page content is approved.

Thanks,
Jon :)

Not sure if this is what you want. but it may have some of the components that you are looking for.

Pageflex Storefront

This company is partners with Adobe, and allows for customers to design their artwork right on the website and is supposedly press ready artwork when complete. I haven't seen it in action first hand, but I did show the link to a couple supervisors and they were looking into it much closer than I.

Hope it is helpful

With remote access such as LogMeIn pro you can setup a workstation with all software needed, not just some web interface, set user permissions, and basically allow whomever access to your softwares remotely. This allows you to have a native file and create the pdf the way you want.

You can also log in to your workflow from home and run it as if you were there, if you want, I do this all of the time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back