Web to print software required...

steve55

Hi

I think this may of been asked a thousand times, but having had a good look around I can't find an inexpensive or reliable-looking solution for a web to print website. (self hosted, not remotely hosted or pay per month).

I thought that this looked like a good option Flexcubed - Web2Print Solution but the site owner doesn't seem to respond to emails etc.

Another was MyCard which only costs $5! But again the deveoper was "unable" to help with the customisation of the software.

I'm a bit stuck and could do with some help please!

Hope someone out there will reply....

Regards
Steve

I can't find an inexpensive or reliable-looking solution for a web to print website (self hosted, not remotely hosted or pay per month).

Don't think you're going to find that, Steve. What you're describing is the Holy Grail everybody is searching for. We're giving away free estimating software, but if we could produce a stand-alone, easy to customize web2print package (no PHP and MySQL programming expertise required), it would cost way more than five dollars.

My advice would be to lower your sights and look for an inexpensive, remotely hosted plan, pay per click with a low monthly minimum. You'll find several solutions on this forum, actually used and described by forum members.

Hal
Morning Flight: Print Estimating Software for Offset/Copy/Digital

Before looking at Web to Print software. You should determine what your marketing strategy is for Web-to-Print. How are you going to sell this solution to your customers. What customers do you want to sell this to.

After you come up with your marketing strategy is when you will start looking for software which fits into your strategy. First, determine if the software is easy to use from a customers perspective. Then look and see how it fits within your plan.

I'll second Zeta Prints! The only caveat is all templates are CorelDraw... but we use that anyway.

A few people on here seem to recommend OPS as a solution - I am a little confused though because there appears to be an online print solution and an online print solutions

As a side issue, does anybody know if they are the same or different company?

Online Printing Solutions (OPS) is a company

Online Printing Solution is a term such as Web-to-Print

Steve, how's your search going? I have to say from first hand experience that the amount of resources that go into a reliable software development is significant. (echoing Zetaprints comment...) I have been watching the PrintSites w2p software development with a keen marketing eye for a few years now, and we are hosting it for your own good - this way we can make scheduled updates, and provide the support needed. Also, this software is too complex to just put in a box and hand over. You might want to reconsider your 'demand'...and you just might find the right 'supply.'

Call for interest

Call for interest

Hi,

I have spent the last year or so studying PPML, JDF and VDP (cross support for Hp Indigo, Fiery etc.) My primary expertise is in PHP web development and Drupal but I do have a long history with Windows based technologies.

What I am going to do is to start an open source project based on the use of Drupal and Zend framework to produce open source POD site software. What I am looking for is web developers that work as consultants or in the IT departments of printers that use the afore mentioned technologies.

My plan is to start with some simple solutions that will produce print ready PDFs with JDF files. Then use a ecommerce plugin for PayPal and the like. If you are interested in collaborating on this or have any input the contact me at carl at easypic.se

If you are going to develop something open source. I would make sure the print ready PDF's are PDF/VT. Going with a regular PDF would create the potential for some very large PDF's. I would also suggest looking at PPML as another output format.

The problem I have seen with every Web-to-Print solution is the need to reinvent the wheel on designing the variable elements on variable data logic. At some point this cycle will narrow down to a more common playing ground.

At first I thought what you are wanting to tackle might be something good. In the end you might find it a really big pain because of the need for updates and adding so many new features.

PPML/GA is already in by default but PDF/VT is definitely out as it is an Adobe standard and requires their engine. It is also a new standard in a world where most have not adopted the free built in standards available to their machines. I don't see large PDFs as being a problem. Most print services are still using large PDF files.

ps. not an Adobe standard per se but one put forth by Adobe. This is something I want to stay away from. Specifically how would you create a PDF/VT file? Adobe nor anyone of the other "standards" have release an software or formats that can be used to create files. This is still one of the major problems with PPML. The manufacturers version of the standard is always just for that machine. Honestly they are worse than Microsoft when it comes to making a general standard proprietary.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

It is pleasure to share onPrintShop (onPrintShop.com) announces availability of new features PDF Based Templates, Photoalbum, Calendar, Coreldraw Templates, PDF/VT features for variable data printing and transaction processing all on one single web based platform.

With interactive online designer tool we will enable end customers to order personalize products like postcards and supply csv file or purchase data from usadata for generating personalized print campaign.

Printshop owners will receive 100% print ready PDF/VT standard files which can be pushed straight into workflow.

Let me know if some one is interested to know more.

Regards,

Dharmesh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back