web-to-print, upload multiple PDF's to create 1 production document

JorisJ

Wondering if there are any software packages available that we can install on our windows server (or cloud app) that have the ability for our clients upload (or select from already uploaded PDF in library) a book in multiple sections (single and/or double sided PDF's), combine all online, set/change order of PDF's online, include tabs (and set what is to be listed on the tab), etc, see a preview, set quantity and create a final combined PDF (with blank pages included for single sided PDF's) for us to print on our digital press? The client wants to do this online, not offline combining PDF's on their desktop.

We can otherwise maybe program this using Pageflex Storefront as we utilize this too, but not sure if that is the best method.

Thank you,
Joris

I'm not familiar with Pageflex and its capabilities but that seems to be the most logical solution to investigate first. I posted a little video on how to merge PDF uploads with Apogee StoreFront some time ago on LinkedIn. You can do multiple uploads, change the order of pages, only pace part of a file... but it does not have any tab-related functions yet. I'd be interested to learn what exactly you need regarding the handling of tabs.

Have you asked Ricoh if they have something that would work for you? They have many software solutions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back