Weired behavior, What's wrong with my file? Fiery User Beware!

kjp17

When I try to print this file with My Ricoh 751 with Fiery driver, it shows there a grey filled inside the box.
When I print with KM C1060L with Fiery drier, there is a grey fill.
When I open it in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop CS6, there is a grey fill.
When I print it with my cheap home laser printer, there is no fill.
When I preview it on screen, there is no fill.

What on earth is wrong with my file? This is a file created in Autocad and exported as PDF.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6po7iqocfku93x2/97 test v3.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwlf6wr3pw2c6qa/grey.png?dl=0

I have finally found out what happened. When zoomed in 3200% or 6400%, I was able to see lines sporadically. Those lines are actually very tiny gaps between many slits of rectangles. When printing in very high resolution (1200dpi+), these black "gaps" will appear and printing at 600dpi, they won't come up. For the rectangles, they are actually created by Autocad, so I actually need to look at Autocad pdf generation process. Damn you, Autocad!

After a this scary incident, I have again restored my faith in Acrobat PDF. Thank you ABC for point out the objects problem and helping me out.

I have thought for a long time now that auto cad takes into account the pen width when plotting fills - like you found at high resolution the fills turn into very fine lines that don't overlap - hence no solid fills - haven't run into that for a while now . . .

just my 2cents on this . . .. you could try to take the pdf into photoshop and mask the area and then blur it or fill it with a tint . ..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back