wet packing

HecTiK

I run a late 80's Mitsubishi Lithrone 750 web. We run paper packing under the blankets, and it always seems to get wet. Any ideas on how to get around this? They only last about 2 to 5 weeks it seems like. We've tried grease on the edges to block the water, but that hasnt helped at all. They also seem to get torn by the gap a lot too.
Thanks for your input, Andrew.

Try Permapaks. Even with these they can trap moisture under the plastic and if your not carefull the cylinders will start to rust out on the ends so remove them every few months and clean/oil the cylinders and install new ones. If Plate/Blankets gaps are not lined up correctly plastic packing will cause your plates to crack more than paper packing so pay extra attention to cylinder timing. If you can fix the root cause of why the ends are running so wet that could solve your issue.

you could try a 50/50 mix of parrafin oil and white spirits (i think white spirits) and witha paint brush apply to the edge margins of the packing about 1.5 - 2 inches until its absorbed but not dripping wet.
This works very well for keeping moisture out from under the blanket edges, I was able to quadruple the life of our blanket packings on an old speedmaster that was a bit leaky with the parrafin mix.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back