What do you use for asset management and/or image archiving?

dleather

Our business repurposes images regularly, so we need an easy way to search and organize our assets, decide which projects contain which pieces of artwork, and find each representation of a SKU (for instance how many images show the same pair of shoes.)

We presently use a system that is set up by our contracted prepress vendor, but since we have little to say about the format, and cannot fix bugs immediately when they happen, I wonder what else is out there.

1) extract text out of image as rtf 2) save it with same name as file with different extension 3) insert hyperlink of image file on extracted file. Your image file is searchable in text.

If you need help, get from the likes of Online Document Conversion , send them an email with your sample and ask for a quote ( if you can nego 35-50 cents per thousand characters is cool)

easy answer

easy answer

Our business repurposes images regularly, so we need an easy way to search and organize our assets, decide which projects contain which pieces of artwork, and find each representation of a SKU (for instance how many images show the same pair of shoes.)

We presently use a system that is set up by our contracted prepress vendor, but since we have little to say about the format, and cannot fix bugs immediately when they happen, I wonder what else is out there.

Hi Dleather,

Take a look at Cumulus by Canto Cumulus: Digital Asset Management: Images, Video, PPT, PDF, Layouts, & More…
They are a great group of people and have alot of experience. They have a great solution and it can be customized too.

Printnewb

huh?

huh?

1) extract text out of image as rtf 2) save it with same name as file with different extension 3) insert hyperlink of image file on extracted file. Your image file is searchable in text.

If you need help, get from the likes of Online Document Conversion , send them an email with your sample and ask for a quote ( if you can nego 35-50 cents per thousand characters is cool)

I'm sorry, I don't really understand this message - extract what text? Insert hyperlink where, and why?

Sorry, I'm lost.

Take a look at Mediabeacon. It's a full featured Digital Asset Management system that grows from desktop to enterprise capabilities. It can manage the assets as well as some of the file conversions for repurposing content. MediaBeacon, Inc.

Thanks, I will look at Cumulus and Media Beacon. I've already done a couple tutorials with Adobe's Scene 7 Media Portal, which operates very similarly to what we use now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back