What is the best price you have seen on 12x18 12pt C2s?

I am getting ready to do a lot of postcards on our KM6501 and was wondering how low of a price is possible if you buy paper in bulk, multiple pallets full at a time? I am looking to settle on a 12x18 stock that will run well on the KM6501 (a digital paper I suppose) that is between 10pt and 12pt.

If you buy enough at a time, is it possible to get the price down to $.06 per sheet? Or am I dreaming? Anyone with any experience at this?

We are mainly a book manufacture and use +1mil 20x26 10 and 12 pt a year cut down 12pt is about $0.0667 a sheet for 18v12 or 19x13. I run the offset sheets right off the skid in a xerox242 19x13 and 18x12 and never have had a problem. The mill said the offset skid was the same as the digital. I often laminate the book covers and still no problem. Also no problems when not protecting the covers, other than normal wear and tear. Our stock is FSC certified which carries a larger cwt, but so does digital paper.

I don't know how much paper you buy a year, but I doubt you'll get a $ 0.06 a sheet going the digital paper route.

You should be able to buy 25x38 10pt for around $200/1000. You would have to cut to 12x18 from there. At 200/ 1000 it will not be very white but should copy fine.

Affordable paper

Affordable paper

I am getting ready to do a lot of postcards on our KM6501 and was wondering how low of a price is possible if you buy paper in bulk, multiple pallets full at a time? I am looking to settle on a 12x18 stock that will run well on the KM6501 (a digital paper I suppose) that is between 10pt and 12pt.

If you buy enough at a time, is it possible to get the price down to $.06 per sheet? Or am I dreaming? Anyone with any experience at this?

Most paper merchants have clearance items every month, check with your sales rep to find some 19" x 25" - 10pt and you can cut it down to 18" x 12" which is the correct grain direction for digital. Sometimes we pay as low as 5c/sheet. Some merchants will even cut the paper for you and charge you a flat fee of $25-$100 depending on the quantity you order

Ian

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back