What is X8002 and C7000VP duplex speed?

kolan

Please help me to understand what is a speed in duplex mode (pages per minute) comparing these two machines form Xerox and Canon.
I've got Xerox 8002 user guide and there is a table with speeds and All weights mode prints ie 80 ppm 1 sided and 40 ppm 2 sided.
My dealer ensured me that Xerox 8000AP or the newest 8002 does NOT slow down during duplex printing...
Canon 7000VP slows down to 65.4 ppm duplex printing from 70 ppm in single side mode.
I am really confused who tells the truth...

I have a 8000ap and it runs simplex 11x17 and duplex 8.5x11" 40ppm.

Know that the quality in single weight mode is MUCH better then all weights.

I run 95% of the time in single weight mode to achieve better quality. I'm 24/7 so I normally can find time to run a job a little slower.

Hi Kolan,

The Canon number you quoted is correct for LTR. However, 11x17 (both simplex AND duplex) will be 35ppm on the C7000VP.

You mean that there IS NO WAY that 8000AP can print in duplex mode with 80 ppm? So Canon's machine is much faster printing 65.4 ppm in duplex LTR size.
Or 40ppm means 40 prints 2 sided=80 pages per minutes?

Last edited:
ppm and ipm are two different units...
ppm is pages per minute and ipm is images per minute.

The speed is quoted as 80 ipm (images per minute with an image being an A4 or Ltr image).
So when printing A4 or Ltr single sided, 80 ipm = 80 ppm.
When printing A4 or Ltr two sided, 80 ipm = 40 ppm.
When printing A3 or Tabloid single sided, 80 ipm = 40 ppm.
When printing A3 or Tabloid two sided, 80 ipm = 20 ppm.

In all cases, the DC8000AP running in All Weights Mode runs at 80 A4/Ltr images per minute, which may produce 80, 40 or 20 pages per minute depending on how big the page is and whether the page is duplexed or not.

The print speed of the Canon 7000VP is measured using the same units, images per minute.
So the Xerox machine is slightly faster than the Canon machine (80 images per minute compared to 70 images per minute).

Last edited:
You mean that there IS NO WAY that 8000AP can print in duplex mode with 80 ppm? So Canon's machine is much faster printing 65.4 ppm in duplex LTR size.
Or 40ppm means 40 prints 2 sided=80 pages per minutes?

You are asking the wrong question. It should be how many impressions per minute is the 8002. Not pages per minute. I know that is what is meant by duplex at rated speed.

Thanks for all replies.
My english is not good enough to understand differences between images/impressions and pages per minute:)

ppm and ipm are two different units...
ppm is pages per minute and ipm is images per minute.

The speed is quoted as 80 ipm (images per minute with an image being an A4 or Ltr image).
So when printing A4 or Ltr single sided, 80 ipm = 80 ppm.
When printing A4 or Ltr two sided, 80 ipm = 40 ppm.
When printing A3 or Tabloid single sided, 80 ipm = 40 ppm.
When printing A3 or Tabloid two sided, 80 ipm = 20 ppm.

In all cases, the DC8000AP running in All Weights Mode runs at 80 A4/Ltr images per minute, which may produce 80, 40 or 20 pages per minute depending on how big the page is and whether the page is duplexed or not.

The print speed of the Canon 7000VP is measured using the same units, images per minute.
So the Xerox machine is slightly faster than the Canon machine (80 images per minute compared to 70 images per minute).

I agree with the above explanation.

In simplex mode, the Xerox 8002 rated at 80ipm is 14% faster than the Canon 7000VP rated at 70ipm.

In duplex mode, the Xerox 8002 will still print at 80ipm, but I think that Canon will slow down to 65ipm (like you previously mentioned too). If that's the case, then Xerox is 23% faster in duplex mode.

Know that the quality in single weight mode is MUCH better then all weights.

I run 95% of the time in single weight mode to achieve better quality. I'm 24/7 so I normally can find time to run a job a little slower.

I will strongly disagree, there is little to no difference in the print QUALITY in single vs all weights mode, there is a difference in the amount of GLOSS in single vs all weights mode though. If you prefer the shiny look than you will not like all weights mode. Just because the print lacks in the traditional gloss color copier look does not mean it lacks in quality.

We run 89%, 12x18 in all weights mode, it prints at 1200iph. (that's duplexed, 2400 simplexed)

Last edited:
kolan - If you are printing an A4 or Letter flyer, then the DC8000AP will print 80 of them per minute.
If you print the flyers two up on an A3 or Tabloid "sheet", then the DC8000AP will still print 80 of the A4 or Letter flyers a minute, but it is only printing 40 A3 or Tabloid "sheets" per minute.

80 images per minute = 40 A3 or Tabloid sheets (or pages) per minute.

I have an 8000AP and am very disapointed in the gloss output. There is a distinct line 8" in from the right hand side of the sheet where the gloss level is far less to the left of the line and there is another distinct line 8" to the left of that where gloss diminishes as well.

Does anybody have any experience or solutions to that. Has anyone seen the output from the 8002 yet.

I have an 8000AP and am very disapointed in the gloss output. There is a distinct line 8" in from the right hand side of the sheet where the gloss level is far less to the left of the line and there is another distinct line 8" to the left of that where gloss diminishes as well.

Does anybody have any experience or solutions to that. Has anyone seen the output from the 8002 yet.

Nothing what you are describing, when was the last time your fuser was rebuilt? The only time I see marks like what you are describing is when the fuser is shot. Also ask your tech about the newer oiler, it may work for you. What papers do you run? I have found the best results with Futura for coated and Hammermill Color Copy for uncoated, better results than with Xerox media. We tried some of the cheap stuff from Nekoosa and it literally cut the fuser life in half.

My 8000AP has 1.6M on and have yet to get one gloss complaint and we run 96% 12x18, 70% of that is 300gsm with about 90% coverage all the time.

Thanks for the reply Craig

We have the fuser roller changed weekly probably. I will ask the tech when he is in today. Is there something else to do on the fuser? Our tech states that this is a shortfall on this series of machines being the oil type.

What is the new oiler about?

We run lots of Xerox, Carolina and Hammermill. It seems to happen only on full covergae dark colours and is VERY noticible. we run 99% 12 x 18 with 60% 300 GSM and lots of coverage.

We have had the machine for 4 months and it has always been the same. Otherwise I love the machine. We do our dark solids on our 250 now but the registration sucks.

TJester
I just checked some part numbers on the oiler boxes, we have 3.
801K27910
801K27911
801K27912

If I recall we are using either 910 or 911, I can't get a hold of my tech to verify though. I guess engineering was developing an oiler for those of us who run alot of heavy coverage and 12x18 sheets, something about adding more oil to the rollers.

A fuser once a week seems like something is out of whack, we get between 200k to 300k out of ours. I'd ask for an engineer to come out and take a gander, maybe your tech is missing something. Make sure they are using 8000AP parts, the 8000 parts ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE. We ran into this right after the install, since we are the only AP install in our area. The fuser unit in the 8000 is not the same as the 8000AP, even though the rollers will fit they are not the same.

I spoke to our tech and we are using the 8000AP parts and we have changed oilers also. He has told me that this is the nature of this printer. Just to clairify this happens on full solid covergae on darker colours. Black is the worst. We are using #1 paper and it really has no bearing on paper. Gloss of course is worse. We probably only get 25,000 clicks per fuser roller. The gloss line is very eveident. What is your experience ?

I would get someone from Rochester NY involved. Our last fuser went beyond its life, our tech insisted on changing it even though we were not experiencing fuser issues. The only mark we ever experience is the gloss differentiation mark which is a few inches from the lead edge and runs inboard to outboard. This mark is stated in the CED and only appears in All Weights Mode. This mark has never presented a problem as far as a sell-able sheet.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back