what kind of blanket wash?

Richard

During my times operating a press, I have been exposed to a varitety of blanket washes over 15 years. Some very nasty, some soluable, some diguised with smells.
Now in California, they have laws about these washes. The Voc's is the issue. Has anyone used the new low Voc product made from soya beans? I know the cost is a factor, but what would you suggest as a good low voc wash? I am currently using a water soluable wash, 50/50 blend. I am Ontario Canada.

We are in Southern CA. and have been using Amerikal's Brigl wash for several years now. Works good. It is at 34gr/Lt VOC's. Rollers are checked yearly with no roller swell. We use much less of this product then we did with the higher VOC products. We use it for rollers and blankets. We use it with towel and brush systems. Product works great.

We do not need to do any conditioning after a roller wash.
The solvent runs through the automatic system. The Heidelberg automatic system does a solvent wash and then a water rinse. That is all we do.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back