What would you do if you win?

Francois

You just won $ 4 millions in the lottery. You have the oportunity to partner with your boss and become owner/operator of the shop you've been vworking at for the the last 12 years.
You have some great ideas that would propulse this business forward and the money you bring will get you the attention. Will you invest in this business or just take the money, fold and move to florida? Why or why not?

I certainly wouldn't invest money in a printing operation. And I absolutely wouldn't partner with a boss would wasn't open to good ideas before I won that fortune.

Florida? They've got hurricanes, lightning, and white footed ants.

I'd stay in touch with the print industry in some capacity but from a great distance - possibly from the deck of my new yacht.

J

Really?
I love to print and have done it for 19 years, BUT....... with 4 million...... I could do all the cool stuff I wanted to do while I was pulling those countless double shifts. I could play a little while I had a little youth to do it.
Thats a no-brainer. I would grab my gear and be on Safari for a LONG time. :)

....and after the Safari....if I really had to print....... I would NOT partner up with anyone.

I would run as far away from this industry as humanly possible.

With the proceeds from that kind of windfall you could do whatever you wanted or nothing at all. Besides why would you want to partner when you could buy him out, lock, stock and barrell?

Thirdly, why would you want to move to Florida? Florida sucks.

We all have different working situations. Having said that, I would never partner with my boss. Ever!

All they would hear is a whoosh sound as the door closed behind me on the way to retirement!!!

heck you can have my whole shop, I trade you even up $4 million for my shop. unless your buying 51 percent you are throwing your money in the trash.

but seriously retire be a greeter at walmart. be a bartender in keywest. invest the money wisely and enjoy life.

Invest with boss?

Invest with boss?

I would start on a tour inspecting printing operations world wide. When I found that perfect island in the south seas without even a typewriter, I hang up a sign "Retired Printer Lives Here". Good luck with your good fortune.

I am the Boss so I will fire him and close his doors. Things only get worse after that. I can guarantee you that within 2 days I will have completely cleared out my building via dumpsters or car crushers and have one big party. I keep Uncle Sam happy and it is a wrap. Take that money and go do the world some good..........

John Weaver

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back