What's your #1 deciding factor when buying digital equipment today?

What's your #1 deciding factor when buying digital equipment today?

• Monthly Lease Payment / Cash Price

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Click Charges

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Technology, features

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Local Technical Service and Support

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Financing Terms & Conditions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Business Development Support

• Vendor reputation and experience

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Upgradeability

• All of the above equally

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

X33

If you are in the market looking for a new Digital Press/Machine/Printer, what is the #1 factor that will make you decide for one particular vendor?

-Monthtly Lease Payment
-Click charges
-Technology and Features
-Local Technical Service and Support
-Financing terms and conditions
-Business Development Support
-Vendor reputation and experience
-Upgradeability
-All of the above equally
-Other

Last edited:
If you are in the market looking for a new Digital Press/Machine/Printer, what is the #1 factor that will make you decide for one particular vendor?

-Monthtly Lease Payment
-Click charges
-Technology and Features
-Local Technical Service and Support
-Financing terms and conditions
-Business Development Support
-Vendor reputation and experience
-Upgradeability
-All of the above equally
-Other

It's a good poll X33, but some of these issues are so "life or death", I just couldn't choose a top one above the other. For example, click charges vs support. You might get more useful data by turning the poll on its head, which do you value LEAST. For example Business Development Support would be at the top of my "reverse list"!

Before I bough my first Xerox I would have chosen "All of the above" Now that I've owned a Xerox, I choose "Local service and support." Who cares what it CAN do, if it CAN'T do it when my customers need it.

Before I bough my first Xerox I would have chosen "All of the above" Now that I've owned a Xerox, I choose "Local service and support." Who cares what it CAN do, if it CAN'T do it when my customers need it.

My sentiments exactly!! Before I got my Xerox, I would have said something other than "Local Service and Support". It's HARD to sell print when you can't rely on your machine to produce the job!

This poll is bringing out some interesting results.

If you chose "Other", what would it be?

I think 'Other' could mean print quality.

Our digital equipment compliments the offset pressroom by offering immediate turnaround on partial runs, proofing and also has helped bring in new offset clients.

Last edited:
It's not necessarily all of those equally, but some combination of them...

It needs to put out quality prints, do what you need it to do, it needs to be reliable (both in terms of good uptime and techs available to come out quickly), and the overall costs need to make sense.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back