Where did all my color libraries go??? Acrobat Pro DC

gregbatch

I regularly use preflight to convert RGB and CMYK colors to Pantone Spot. Today I went to Preflight, create new fixup, convert to spot, and import color from regular libraries. Not there. Nothing. Totally blank box. Where did they all go? Adobe was no help. 3 hours of no help. Did they switch InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop over to Connect and pull the plug on Acrobat?

do you have anything in the search box for the colors?
Try selecting in the box and then deleting?

do you have anything in the search box for the colors?
Try selecting in the box and then deleting?
I have a few colors that were previously imported, but they crash Acrobat if I try to use them, and they will not delete. I am thinking this is more of an issue with Pantone licensing. Apparently there was a change in January as they push their Pantone Connect. InD, IL, and PS are supported, but not Acrobat. Honestly it is making me think about simplifying life and dumping the most non-standard, continuously moving standard I've ever seen. I might throw all Pantone inks in the trash and go fully digital CMYK inkjet. For now, I can still use the Convert to Spot fixup. AI just have to create my own spot colors. Nothing will import. I can import from a PDF, but it can't use them without crashing. I think because of the other bad colors that I can't delete. Calling my Kyocera dealer and MCS to look at inkjet.

Still there for me in Acrobat DC version 2021.001.20145.

import-pantone.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back