which equiptment?

printingden

I have recently become the operator of an existing print shop which is almost all digital,However all the machines are coming off lease and was wondering what suggestions anyone had as to what new equiptment I should be looking at.
The shop currently does 150,000 color clicks a month on 12x18 papers
The producs run from business cards to journals.
paper ranges from 60# offset to 12 pt coated cover 2/s.
We also do about 200,000 black and white images a month.
we do ncr forms,flyers b/c etc black and white.
the shop also has 2 older small ab dicks used to run envelopes and long run 1 color work,

I would appreciate any info I could get on what type of machines I shpould be looking for.
of course I am looking for the best combo of price,productivity,reliability and machine companies that are good to work with.

THanks

Umm..what equipment do you have besides ab dicks and digital equipment?

For starters I would look into a cutter, if you don't have one. I would look into a folder, if you don't have one. Let us know your equipment list and I'm sure we can offer more suggestions.

as far as growth goes ,while we would hope to grow,we are in a fairly saturated area for printshops.we have a stable customer base at this time so current levels are definitely sustainable.
we have a full bindery.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back