Who is using ORIS Color Tuner//Web, and what do you think

truetype1

I have been using for 2 months now and I hate it. I have had a number of problems calibrating one of my proofers with it. I cant stand the User interface and how confusing it is. You dont know what is printing next, you dont know what percentage of your proof is left to print. To me the menus make NO sense at all. For example If I send a page over and then decide to delete it from the print queue, that doesnt do anything. The file still resides in another "queue" ready to print. Im really hoping to hear others experience with this.

Hi Truetype1,
I am sorry you have had troubles. I assume you have contacted our support department? When you delete a file it is deleted from the queue so it sounds like you have some other issue going on. Please contact me or CGS as soon as possible to resolve your issues.
Best Regards,
Bruce Brown

The //Web app does have some kinks ORIS needs to work out, but overall I am satisfied. But I was a firm believer in the ColorTuner app that we had been using for 5+ years before moving to //Web so it wasn't much of a leap. No, it is not super-intuitive to set up but once you know the software it is quite powerful and it has worked flawlessly for us. Proofing to SWOP and GRACoL sets.

I would suggest a call to ORIS support - they have always been friendly and responsive to our needs. If anything, you can log what you'd like to see in a future revision that they can possibly incorporate.

cheers

thanks guys. I think im just one of those users that hits all the bumps in the road. Everytime I get past one problem another comes up. The Support people at CGS have been pretty good when problems arise. The menus are so confusing I just dont see how anybody can find these menus easy to understand.

somethings seem to be smoothing themselves out. I may have been given some bad information which led to some of the issues I was having. Not all is perfect but I dont want to put all unfairly place all the blame on the product.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back