Who should run CTP, Prepress or Pressroom?

Who should run CTP, Prepress or Pressroom?

• Prepress should run CTP plates

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Pressroom should run CTP plates

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Combination (Pressroom run plates when prepress is not around)

Votes: 31 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in any proof you will find differences but overall our proofs match our press.....BTW you are located in my home town.......small world!!

The only proof that matches the printing press is a press proof. Let's put our money on the table. I'll send you my test file you proof it and send it back to me. I'll leave it sealed. Then we'll print on your printing press. Not an ink jet or a digital printer a press like a Heidelberg or something. Then we'l meet and look at the proof verses the print in a 5,000K environment. If it matches I'll pay travel and all. If I find 5 differences you pay travel and all. Is that fair? I've been doing this a long time, I've been in hunreds of shops all over the world, G7, SWOP certified Bull Crap and what ever.

in any proof you will find differences but overall our proofs match our press.....BTW you are located in my home town.......small world!!

They are REASONABLE faxsimilies yes but with a real stress test file they're never close.
Damn I guess travel money is out. :)

They are REASONABLE faxsimilies yes but with a real stress test file they're never close.

I always tell my customers that our proofs are about 96% color accurate in that there are some colors and ranges that just simply can not be accurately proofed. that's not counting spot colors, that's a WHOLE different problem with customers. And it always seems to be the WORST files with the picky customers that fall in that 4% that just doesn't match....

I always tell my customers that our proofs are about 96% color accurate in that there are some colors and ranges that just simply can not be accurately proofed. that's not counting spot colors, that's a WHOLE different problem with customers. And it always seems to be the WORST files with the picky customers that fall in that 4% that just doesn't match....

Yes but your honest and that COUNTS!! Proofing is 80% technical and 20% communication and with bad client 80% CYA and 20% technical.

Yes but your honest and that COUNTS!! Proofing is 80% technical and 20% communication and with bad client 80% CYA and 20% technical.

agreed. to the frustration of my boss sometimes. until it saves our a**, then I look at him and go "see? that's why I do that" and he grumbles and walks away. ;)

agreed. to the frustration of my boss sometimes. until it saves our a**, then I look at him and go "see? that's why I do that" and he grumbles and walks away. ;)

Yes no grace for the savior!!! Today owners rarey understand the technology and if they came from sales HOLY COW!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back