Wide Format Printer Recommendations

tortora89

I am looking for some recommendations on wide format printers - I require to print as large as A1 on all Matt, Gloss and Satin paper, approx 200gsm.
It will be predominately used for typographic coloured prints.

I have been looking at the:
- HP Designjet T120
- Canon IPF605
- Epson 3880 (I know this only prints A2 size)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First question would be, what do you intend to print most, Indoors or Outdoors? Long Term or Short?

We have two Canon's 8000's and they've worked very well for the last 4 years. These have very high resolution, are quick and print with pigment inks.
Investment on these is not high, you can probably find a 44" for under $5000

We have one Epson Solvent for Outdoors (Epson S series / 50670) that prints very nicely and the speed is amazing for a Solvent printer. Cost of inks is low but your investment will be in the Mid 20"s

The other question is which RIP will you get to drive the printer? We use ONYX but Caldera has become a good options as well.
I hope these helps.

Axel

Like axelmk said, do you need the prints to last more than 5 years? If not, look at the roland solvent printer and cutting machines, they come with a rip and are well priced.

ignore, I responded thinking this was my own thread. Guess it is one of those days...

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back