Wide Format Substrate Storage

PricelineNegotiator

Hi,

We are currently foraging a good path into the wide format segment of the industry. Our store is quite familiar with storage of the various substrates that we run, but as we continue to increase sales in the department, we are finding it necessary to store more than just 1-3 rolls of any given substrate. Our current solution to manage opened rolls works well, but storing the 6-50 additional rolls (when factoring various lengths and substrate types) is posing an issue. Currently we keep them inside of the cardboard tube until the printing stage, but we don't have any shelves that accommodate the stacking of 64", 42", 36" and 24" rolls, varying between 4-7" of outer diameter, in a neat fashion. I think I have some really great ideas on how to solve this issue, but don't want to execute the plan without seeing having seen what everyone else does. Our substrates are mostly visible to our clients, so I'd like to make it look more...professional. But I want to make sure it is functional as well.

Can you guys show me some photos of how you currently manage this issue? I would appreciate it very much.

We stack them vertically on these little carts that have nubs sticking up. Ours are a bit more densely packed than these, but looks kinda like this:
EasyRack-PLASTGrommet.jpg

We have metal 4x2 shelves back to back making it 4 feet wide x 4 feet deep, Not most organize at the moment but it will give you idea. Hope this helps. here is picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 368
Yes! That is looking close to what I want. It will be in direct view of the customers, so I'm thinking something enclosed on the back end and also the sides, with the "label end" exposed. I think we'll have to custom build it. We'll keep you updated!

That looks pretty cool. I appreciate you posting it.

I'm not sure if that will help our situation, we're still planning on custom building our own cabinet-esque device. I'll post pictures in time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back