Windows 7 and Windows 2008 server sharing files across the network within a domain

Lixie15

I recently upgraded my computer from windows xp to windows 7 professional that drives my proofer. Prinergy is running 2003 server and is in a domain. When I went to re-establish connection for my process templates to my hot folders a message comes up stating the path no longer exists. It all sounds like a permission issue but I have made sure it's not at least on the windows 7 computer. I named the computer the same and set all Ip addresses the same and ARAXI user the same as before the upgrade. This only seems to be a problem with Domains not Workgroups.

Any suggestions on what this might be?

Windows 7 home or Pro? Home will be a problem in a domain environment, For Pro, check the Network and File Sharing settings on the win 7 machine. Also, make sure you log into the W2K3 server with domain credentials. Try to mount the hot folder share outside of Prinergy to make sure the machine can connect. There are other settings in the advanced section that also might matter. Things like home sharing being off and using 40 bit encryption to match W2K3.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back