Suitcase Fusion for Windows vault problem

keith1

Greetings,

Suitcase Fusion for Windows font vault problem. Version 6, Windows 7. However the version of Windows, or Mac OS, or version of Suitcase matters little since this has been an ongoing problem forever.

Once again ran into the remove font vault problem. See posted image.
This came about as I was upgrading from Suitcase version 5 to 6. As suggested, I moved my font vault to a different location (desktop) and planned to move it back with fonts intact after my upgrade. When I tried to open my new install, it wouldn't open. The message: 'Could Not Open The Font Vault At This Location'. The vault seems to be locked by some other process and also the leftover fonts that are there.
I've tried numerous ways to remove the vault and these leftover fonts. I'd like to give you a concise list of what all I've tried but I've been messing with this so long I've lost track.
I've searched the web numerous times for help. Extensis support only gives the same tips they've been handing out for years – none of which work.
I've rebooted many times after attempting different voodoo medicines. Uninstalled/reinstalled Suitcase. Still, can't remove the old font vault and it's remaining fonts.

Font's that remain in the vault count: 93 entries
C:Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Extensis\Suitcase Fusion\Suitcase Fusion.fontvault\SA\I\OTPS\Adobe Systems\Caliban, Eurostyle (various), Helvetica (various), Myriad Pro (various).

C:Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Extensis\Suitcase Fusion\Suitcase Fusion.fontvault\SA\I\OTTT\Microsoft\Mistral\2.10\1602175480\Mistral.TTF

I've tried changing permissions/ownership. File Assassin . . . . The next step is to sacrifice my dog.

Any ideas appreciated,
Keith

Attachments

• photo6115.jpg
    photo6115.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 434
Progress Report. And indeed at last there has been progress.

I ended up solving the problem by deleting references to the fonts located in the registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Fonts

Look for font references that point to the Suitcase Font Vault location and delete them. Then reboot and you *should* be able to remove the fonts that were 'previously in use by another process' . . .and therefore be able to remove the entire Extensis folder: C:Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Extensis.

I don't recall solving the issue this way the last time I had the problem. So who knows; maybe this will work for some and not for others.
I'm savouring a few moments before installing a newer version – I'm afraid to think of what can of worms that might open.

This was how I spent my Christmas vacation. Portions of it anyways.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back