Suitcase 3 not recognizing apps

keith1

Hi,

I've just reinstalled Suitcase Fusion 3 along with everything else - my main computer had a meltdown - and while Suitcase recognizes InDesign CS3 & CS5 and Illustrator CS3, it is not recognizing Illustrator CS5 or Photoshop.
This is the Windows version. I installed Suitcase after installing the CS Suites - it seemed logical. Yesterday Suitcase didn't recognize InDesign CS5, which is why I reinstalled this morning.
Just wondering if there's a way to manually point Suitcase to the applications in question.
I haven't inquired at Extensis yet because I generally find forums more helpful.

Thanks much,
Keith

Bunch of people have had the same issue on windows, check their (Extensis) forums.
So far there is no solution, just couple of different workarounds.
You'll have to do some trial and error to find what works for you.
Shameful in this day and age such issues are not resolved in timely manner.

Thank you so much. I'll check the forum.
Most of my text is set in InDesign but still, it would be nice to have everything work the way it's supposed to.

This morning after I uninstalled and reinstalled Suitcase it wouldn't open. Fusion Core didn't work and I couldn't even access it in Windows Services or Control Panel.
Then I remembered, oh yeah . . . gotta delete the old font vault.

I had the same problem when I updated my Suitcase Fusion

Try this:
1) in SF3: choose suitcase fusion 3 > manage plugins
2) uncheck the boxes; this will remove our auto-activation plugins
3) follow this path to make sure there is no plugin:
/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5.5/Plug-Ins/Font Activation/

Do you see any Extensis files? If so delete them.

4) recheck the boxes; this will install a fresh set of plugins
5) retest in Indesign that the plugin is functioning properly.

Any luck?

I do have check marks in the suitcase menu of those plug-ins that are working. I checked and indeed there is an Extensis folder in the plug in directory of those apps.
There is no Extensis folder in the plug-in directory's of the apps that aren't working. No surprise there I guess. I tried copying the Extensis folder from InDesign to Illustrator as a experiment. Didn't work.
I also tried the work around found in the Extensis forums - copying a dll file into the executable folder of the non working apps. That didn't work for me but it does seem to have worked for others, so I may go back and make sure I did what I was supposed to properly.

According to the forums on Extensis' site this has been an ongoing problem at least since this release (version 3). There's 7 forum pages of confounded people until someone posted the dll solution. Extensis has said they'd look into a fix. Based on their history I expect we'll see that within 3 more years or so.

For now, at least my InDesign fonts are being recognized and that's the main one.

Here's the fix. Not working for me but I'm not done experimenting and it does seem to have worked for others:
extensis FORUMS • View topic - Plug-ins for CS3 Illustrator & InDesign not working, causing hang, & no plug-in for Photoshop

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back