wireless mouse?

rande

I've had this mac pro going for 3 weeks or so and the battery on the mouse is about out.
What do I do? How often do these need to be replaced? I didn't realize it that short of time. I haven't been turning it off. How do I recharge. Where is the best place to get one?
I just started getting an error. How long do I have. Can I plug my old cord/ mouse in?

You can always plug in another mouse or a replacement mouse. Just don't plug in a real mouse... Get lithium-ion AA batteries and charge them every payday. Since it is a battery operated device turning it off after your shift or the last shift is a good idea since it won't be used. So why waste the batteries?

Its hard to say how often they need to be replaced. I have 2 Apple Magic Mouse.. mice, one seems to drain a lot faster then the other. Though I usually get a month or so on a set of batteries.

You can plug in any mouse directly into the USB port and never worry about batteries again, but lose the flexibility of the wireless mouse and all its off road uses.

mouse manufacturers are advertising 8-10 month life

mouse manufacturers are advertising 8-10 month life

You don't need an Apple-branded mouse, any Mac-compatible two-button mouse with a scroll wheel will work just fine.

I just bought a Microsoft Compact Mobile Mouse 4000 (temporary price cut, Target, $15, reg. $30) and it advertised an 8-month battery life. Other $30 mice advertise 10-month life. my older Logitech mouse gets about 3 months. I use rechargeable NI-MH batteries; also I put older used batteries in the mouse to die and still get 3 weeks to a month out of batteries that wouldn't power anything else. Also, my new mouse has an off switch.

i have actually been testing this very thing. I bought the apple rechargeable batteries which are also sanyo eneloops, but anyways, i got 1 month and 1 day out of the mouse before it told me the batteries were low, which was 18% power left.

My recommendation for when the batteries die, replace them, simple as that.

now if you are interested in saving money i would get some rechargeable batteries like i did, you will need at least 4 batteries if you are just dealing with one mouse, that way you always have a set charged and ready to go.

But dude, REALLY? you actually had to ask this question? What do you do when the batteries die in your tv remote, run out and look for a wired one? :)

Get a wired mouse and be done with the hassles of batteries. Here we all use a 2 button logitech which goes for about $20 and is a great investment.

Just my 2 cents. P

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back