Words you don't tend to hear.

• Thread starter Deleted member 16349
  • Start date
like I said, you obviously have some secret plan.

just do it then and make us all proud so we can say 'wow, I knew him when this idea was just a twinkle in his eye.

I'm done now, cuz I'm bored................

The Wheel !

The Wheel !

Erik,

Think of the Wheel --- a printing press is only three wheels geared together with lots of smaller wheels.

So are you going to re-invent the Wheel ???

Regards, Alois

Erik,

Think of the Wheel --- a printing press is only three wheels geared together with lots of smaller wheels.

So are you going to re-invent the Wheel ???

Regards, Alois

Alois, your level of mechanical knowledge and imagination always astounds me. Keep up the good work. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets face it, if we as printers do not somehow embrace a shift in our thinking about our process we will succumb to other forms of Media, there are some great Digital printers out there now and they are only getting better, if we cant offer lower makereadies and waste, zero colour variation and short run capability then our customers will be looking to Digital printing. This is just the opinion of a Printer as he see's it.

Lets face it, if we as printers do not somehow embrace a shift in our thinking about our process we will succumb to other forms of Media, there are some great Digital printers out there now and they are only getting better, if we cant offer lower makereadies and waste, zero colour variation and short run capability then our customers will be looking to Digital printing. This is just the opinion of a Printer as he see's it.

Perfectly stated.

The greatest barrier to this kind of change has not been financial, nor the lack of knowledge but it has been the mental and emotional state of the industry.

I have been trying to push this change in the printing community since 1996. It is needed but it will not be accepted. It is fought at every turn. I have basically given up on the community to understand this need. I only hope that just one press manufacturer will be interested. That is all I am interested in now.

Hi Erik,

I may be mistaken, but you may have limited your offer of the ITB to Western press manufacturers. Have you considered any in China? We are used to seeing them offer improved versions of Western machinery, perhaps based on expired patents. But some of them may jump at an opportunity to be on the ground floor of breakthrough ideas such as yours, suitably protected by international patents.

Al

Hi Erik,

I may be mistaken, but you may have limited your offer of the ITB to Western press manufacturers. Have you considered any in China? We are used to seeing them offer improved versions of Western machinery, perhaps based on expired patents. But some of them may jump at an opportunity to be on the ground floor of breakthrough ideas such as yours, suitably protected by international patents.

Al

Hi Al,

I am not allowed to discuss the technology on PrintPlanet or WTT.

I will say that I have tried to interest the Chinese manufacturers. One has a NA head office in Toronto. No interest on their part. Too bad because they could have developed low cost tech that performs better and be a leader instead of a follower.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back