Workstation 5.x Fiery / VDP and Freeform - Duplex Master and Simplex Data PDF issue

PrintingFocus

Hello,

I am using a digital printer with Workstation 5.x - we also have the USB dongle with impo software.

I have a double sided PDF file and using as a Master file in the VDP.

My data file is a PDF with x amount of records but these are single sided.

I can't see an option in my Fiery software to say use page one of the master file to output the record data.

Using various shown options - I either get data printed on both sides of my Master document or the master document is printed simplex with data on both page one and two of the master.

Any ideas please?

I have read about Freeform but this tab does not show under my WS Fiery VDP page.

PS: I am using InDesign to create the master page. I am using MS Word and Paris to create merged PDF files.

Cheers.

It's been awhile since I did this, but I think your VDP document had to have the same number of pages/sides as the master.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back