Would you buy from the new Kodak?

gordo

Now that Kodak has emerged from chapter 11 protection, I was wondering if you would buy solutions/products/services from them? Is Kodak on your prospective vendor list?

Gordo

Personally, I will not. If I can get a similar product elsewhere, I will, even if it inferior.

I have dealt with Kodak in the past and the adventure was far from pleasing for a small enterprise like my own.

IF they did change their way, and not except every company to be a multinational with endless resources, then maybe … but I doubt it very much.

Just my 2 cents.

The investment in Israel was a deal killer for us. Poor customer support for U.S., coupled with questionable political motives puts them far down on our vendor list.

Everything, we have been a scitex/creo/kodak customer for as long as I can remember. Never had bad service, problems solved, support has been outstanding. We looking at a Nexpress, numerous software solutions, and technical services. Kodak is and has been the number one vendor on the list for nearly everything we purchase.

Prinergy 6 has a new interface called Workspace. It needs some work and is very different. But it has A LOT of promise and will be the preferred interface in no time. Like anything change is hard, especially for prepress guys that just want things to work. However, the old workshop interface is still there and can be used. The processing guts are the same.

No, too risky.

If we were an inplant, like "mjetzer".....maybe. But, we are print for pay. That means, in order to keep our clients, our jobs have to be done on-time, everytime. I can't have printers down waiting on parts or supplies, which, are ostensibly coming from, or being manufactured by Kodak's supply vendors. Let's see, I think that would be the same ones who just got burned big-tme by getting pennies on the dollar. Mmmmmmmm............

-Best

MailGuru

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back