Wrinkle/ delamination of paper surface - offset printing

Another old school eco friendly solution, if this is happening during makeready, just apply a small amount of coconut oil or cooking oil to the inked up rollers and carry on with makeready.:D
I remember one of our senior pressman used to mix general purpose grease in ink to eliminate hickeys. :mad:

My suggestion for a light spraying of the rollers was made in order to avoid mixing anything into the ink fountain. The anti skin spray would offer a temporary reduction in tack, in order to get the press started without the delamiination taking place on startup. Ive found that if you can get a clean startup without the delimitation or blanket piling, you will often be able to keep it going. I try whenever possible to avoid mixing ANYTHING into the ink fountains. I remember the days when it was standard practice for lots of Pressman to dump a bunch of crap into all the inks. My feeling is that if your inks are not performing well for your intended application, its time to reformulate the inks your using, or find another supplier that offers a product you can run right out of the can. Of course occasions arise where you need to be resourceful and work with what you've got, but if your a printer thats stuck always running mill seconds, it would be prudent to have your ink supplier sell you a low tack inkset.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back