X-Rite EasyTrax with vacuum...

guncis

Hi, does anybody heard about such option or somebody already made such in-house? Looks like Easytrax is one of most interesting device if we talk about scan measurement BUT it doesnt have vacuum. IntelliTrax from other side is also interesting, but have higher price and donthave ability to measure in middle of sheet.
SO does anybody heard about such "feature" for Easytrax and where to buy it :) and please dont tell me nice stories how even sheet is laying on table even without vacuum :)
Official answer from X-Rite also is very welcome.
thanks

Hi Guncis,

You are correct that EasyTrax does not use a vacuum system to hold down the sheet. It was designed to use wheels specifically placed on the bottom of the spring loaded head. This is what we call a direct contact device; meaning the read head touches the sheet as it is reading the colorbar. The IntelliTrax system on the other hand does use a vacuum system to hold down the sheet and is classified as a non-contact device; meaning the head does not touch the sheet as it is reading the colorbar.

Unfortunately we don’t have the combination of the two: EasyTrax with vacuum or IntelliTrax that can read in the middle of the sheet. It will depend on your specific application to which one will work best for you.
I can say that I have not heard of any issues from customers using EasyTrax that the sheet is not be held down correctly or the readings are not consistent because the sheet isn’t being held down correctly.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to give me a call directly: 616-803-2565. Scott H (Product Manager: Scanning Systems)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back