X-Rite i1iO User Comments

gcplau

Greetings to all,

We are about upgrade our spectro reader from problemed icColor to i1iO, is there any user comments or experience that can be shared?
#1 is it working smoothly with leading CMS RIP like GMG, CGS, EFI, Cadera, Wasaatch etc?

#2 What is the accuracy of this setup? Does it read a patch 3 times and takes average like iCColor?

#3 Can you share how durable it is? For e.g. after so and so readings you have encounted hardware problem and sent for repair? Or, how long it needed to be recalibrate/Recertify?

#4 Any user has Barbieri LFP or Swing and compared it w/ i1iO? In terms of reading value difference?

THANKS FOR SHINING US SOME LIGHT

I have used an IO for two years now. It has been tested with Wasatch, EFI, and CGS. Wasatch showed the greatest limitation in its use of the hardware. With EFI and CGS it performed as expected.

The IO table is intended for thick media, and was introduced prior to the iSiS, which is also from X-rite. Have you entertained the thought of that machine instead?

The IO had done a good job with my heavy usage. The glider ring needed replacement after 1 year at a cost of 2 for $100, and now I need to install the second one.

The device is not very portable, so since I am working on multiple floors some running around is involved.

As for the read reliability, this has little to do with the iO table and more to do with the eye-one or ES-1000 you use with it (not included). The eye-one "should be" sent to Europe once a year for calibration. The process takes a couple weeks, so you would need a backup eye-one.

Overall, I am happy with the accuracy and durability of my setup. However, the thoughts of an iSiS in the future are quite possible.

Thanks for the sharing

Thanks for the sharing

Thanks, and I didn't know we can put a EFI ES-1000 into i1iO. Have you tried this before? For such config, will it be only recognized by EFI? or it will also work for others?

Yes, but it depends on the software. EFI software will support it only if it supports the iO and you have a registered ES-1000. ProfileMaker supports both without a problem.

thank you

thank you

didn't thought it may work this way. I happen to have all these HW SW.

Hi,
also CGS software for sure works with ES-1000. CGS software also enables you do do whole calibration without any other software, since you can have a measurement file as your target. It does not have to be an ICC-profile. I assume that other sw can do this as well, but as I have only recent experience with CGS sw I can guarantee it works. I also have ICColor, iO + i1, iSiS and couple of the old spectro chart readers, my definite favourite to use is the iO, but since I have to be able to take the device with me I mostly use the iSiS. I think the biggest advantage of the iO is the speed. With the recent rips you have to do several measurements it's nice to have a fast machine also iO + i1 is by far the most versatile combo. If you buy an iO be very careful with the "arm". I have seen several broken measurement arms. Mostly because the users let the hang freely when they transport/move it. There is a small plastic piece that holds the rubber band that moves the second joint, that can get broken if the arm is misused. Take care that the arm can not move while you move the system (if you need to move it) and no harm should be done.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back