X800/X1000 Color shifting?

ShortRunMagazines

We are still working the bugs out of our X1000 install and yesterday I had a process gray shift towards Magenta in appearance. Way more than I'm comfortable with and likely beyond the Delta E of 3 that I'm told the machine should hold. This reminds me of the X700 that we had. Anyone else seeing color shifting on this platform?

Thanks,

Jerod.

Really, what difference would the front end have to do with it? The FE is not adjusting the colors once the job is sent to the engine. The engine is where the color is shifting the FE will not control the colors once the engine is running.

Update...

Update...

The X1000 is still in it's "install" phase (week 1.5 of the 3 day install).

So far I have gotten some jobs through it and have been impressed with the quality overall of the print. The registration is holding fairly tight; however, I am noticing about ~0.4mm skew on side one when printing 12x18 paper (seems to be any weight) that is not very predicable so you can't easily adjust for in the paper profile.

Our Configuration:
OHCF (2 Drawer Feed Deck)
Main system w/o clear X1000
Interface Unit
HCS (High Cap Stacker)
FreeFlow RIP

The HCS/RIP (I don't know which -- thinking FreeFlow) is riddled with bugs when you try to set up sample sheets to the proofing tray. Overall the FreeFlow has a good number of bugs that should never have gotten out of beta (as a computer engineer for 10 years I am qualified to say that).

Will try putting a full day's production on it tomorrow and will post feedback after. Have only been able to try 1 or 2 jobs at a time till now.

First Impression: Very Fast, and seems like it has the potential to be very stable/profitable if the bugs get worked out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back