Xante Ilumina Digital Envelope Press

Fully aware. Put three new drums in succession (ouch!) with little to no change.

Maybe I will try the belt.

The Xante doesn't do too bad. It is a lot slower than advertized with regard to envelopes and the image belt is a very thin hard plastic. Even on 24# stock, it can rip the belt. Other than that, it has a lot of tail whip so, it doesn't register front to back with precision. As always: good for short runs

Mr. Damfino, you're getting toner smudges from some debris deposits inside of printer. Your drums and belt most likely isn't the source. Take out the fuser and look at the opening, see if anything is in there, also try taking Drums, belt, fuser out and look inside the machine - if it is clean. Clean if necessarily, please don't use Air can - you will blow dust from one spot to another, vacuuming is the best way to go but household vacuum will not hold the toner particles well unless you have one that filters trough water - you may use cloth slight-slightly moistened with alcohol. 3M makes toner vacuum for techs. If you use your equipment heavy and consider yourself a selfmaintaner - get one, it will serve a great purpose. I own printshop and equipment service company - we charge $95 to send a tech to clean the machine, recommend do so every half a year if you wish to keep your equipment healthy. What else.... Try running several 12x18 or 11x17 67lb cover with minimum coverage - just few words in b/w trough the machine - it might just clean the paper path - this could be quick easy fix for the moment especially if you run smaller sizes mostly before.
Best regards,
Roman.

Oki

Oki

Roman,

Thanks for the tips. I have traced the bulk of my issues to my experiment with 'after market' toner. As painful as the prices might be, Oki brand is the only way to go.

I do have a toner vacuum; made that purchase after I got the shock of my life using a regular vacuum (toner DOES carry a charge!)

Dave

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back