Xante Impressia

Kyle Arn

Hello I have a Xante Impressia it appears I have some Ghosting pretty bad. It starts the first one fine but then doesn't fuse the next one correctly and therefore starts ghosting on the front and back. My impression counts says that its a little below halfway. So it should still be in good condition but it does say that my immediate transfer unit is getting close to needing to be replaced. So the question is that is can the problem be caused by the Immediate transfer unit or my Fuser?

The fuser in the Impressia is really poor. It damages easily and can wear quickly, especially if you have the pressure set too tight. If you are getting ghosting, the fuser is worn or damaged. As noted above, you can usually squeeze more impressions out of the fuser by going to a higher GSM setting. This increases fuser temp and at a certain threshold will slow the speed as well. Obviously you want the highest GSM setting that won't slow the machine, but slow is better than nothing. This is a machine that requires one or two backup fusers. I used to rotate fusers. I had three on hand. One set for paper, one for envelopes, and one for card stock. Paper rotated to envelope, and envelope to card stock. If I wiped the envelope fuser, I replaced with the paper fuser. Just one jam can wipe the fuser. I could usually get some more life out of the old envelope fuser by using it for heavy card stocks and tightening the pressure a bit. It is a shame that an otherwise good printer has such a weak part that is also expensive.

Yeah I ran some tests it is definitely the Fuser I also tried a higher GSM setting although that didn't accomplish much. Over all I did get allot out of this fuser. Maybe I'll get a warranty to save money.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back