Xante/ PSI Engineering vs OKi 9650/straight Shooter

idahodian

Over the last couple of weeks I have been reading through all the threads regarding the Xanti, PSI and just going with the Oki 9650 and buying the Straight Shooter. What I haven't found is someone who actually has bought the Oki and feeder. I have been looking for a replacement for a Ricoh 8500 with the 2 color drum TCII, since June of 2008. Still can't commit to any of them. I only use it for envelopes (all sizes) and adding information to 3x4 postcards. I also am outsourcing letterhead because of the ghost printing from printing on the xerox 5000. According to my sales rep for the PSI, it is guaranteed not to have this ghost printing on the letterhead. I asked for samples to run through some laserjets and copiers, but that was February 10, 2010. (salesman left the company). Now I may be back at the drawing board. Any help would be appreciated. I am way out from being able to attend shows to see products running.

We have an Oki 9650 but have not put a straight shooter on it yet but hope to this summer. We have seen a demo of the machine with the straight shooter attached and it works great. As for the quality of the Oki on envelopes and cover weights it has been great. We run up to 16 Pt C2S thru ours and it runs beautifully and the image is sellable. We run our short run Full Color Business Cards, letterhead, envelopes etc.. on it everyday and it does great. One of the best benefits, to refill all 4 units and replace the chips is only $350.00. Of course you need to go with a reputable supplier, and the savings are wonderful compared to the cost of the same supplies thru Oki or Xante directly. To replace the same cartridges will cost you around $1200.00. Hope this helps.

Demo

Demo

Hi- Not sure about the Oki or PSI but i know that Xante has a webcam demo that you can make appointments for and see real time how to use the machine and everything it is capable of. Seen it once and it was pretty impressive. I think the right person to contact for a demo is [email protected]. GOOD LUCK!!!

More questions

More questions

I print around 300,000 per year in just envelopes, #9,#10,6x9,9x12,10x13, and 3 9/16 x 6 1/4 remittance envelopes, will all these sizes run through the Oki? Is this to many for this printer? Also, regarding the toner, are you using the re-manufactured toner or are you refilling them yourself?

I was also wanting to run letterhead (around 10 reams per month) through it and not get the smearing when it is re-run through a copier or a laserjet, have you done this? Thanks for all the input, my PriPort is barely hanging in there.

Hi to the Happy Printer
Ive had my OKI C9850 hooked up to the latest straight shooter Feb 2010 ) and it works really well. I am interested in the comment of sourcing Oki toner cartridges at the right price. How do I get them and where, I'm in Australia and will import. Please inform me Email [email protected]

Thanks from down under

where can i buy

where can i buy

i am buying a OKI C9850HDN and want a straight shooter for it does anyone know a distributer for the straight shooter i am in Australia

Thanks

i am buying a OKI C9850HDN and want a straight shooter for it does anyone know a distributer for the straight shooter i am in Australia

Thanks
Hi, we are authorised Straight Shooter disctributor in Aust and NZ. We would be pleased to help with any projects you have. Please contact me [email protected] or 0400 225 257

Matt Johnson.

We have an Oki 9650 but have not put a straight shooter on it yet but hope to this summer. We have seen a demo of the machine with the straight shooter attached and it works great. As for the quality of the Oki on envelopes and cover weights it has been great. We run up to 16 Pt C2S thru ours and it runs beautifully and the image is sellable. We run our short run Full Color Business Cards, letterhead, envelopes etc.. on it everyday and it does great. One of the best benefits, to refill all 4 units and replace the chips is only $350.00. Of course you need to go with a reputable supplier, and the savings are wonderful compared to the cost of the same supplies thru Oki or Xante directly. To replace the same cartridges will cost you around $1200.00. Hope this helps.
What "chips" do you replace? Are these the ones that reset the drum life counters by any chance?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back